Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Learning Curve

At last - an idea for people who kill plants. I read the "Unclutterer" blog regularly (who'd have thought, eh?) and they have guest bloggers all the time. This one talks about high quality fake plants - from France yet! Much as digging in the dirt is sort fun (cept for the wormies and things), it's work that needs to be constant, and constant I'm not - in terms of housework and outside-of-the-house work. This woman is serious and is winning the battle.

Learning curves work two ways as far as I can see. a) you want to learn and new skill and are excited about total immersion in it; and b) something breaks and you have no choice and you go at it with much trepidation. Did I mention the something that breaks is always one day to three years past its warranty? The old Sears dryer from the 60's that was in the house when we moved in didn't break for fourteen years - even tho already old. The new refrigerator we got only two years ago will cost enough to fix that we may as well get a new one. And my faithful '97 Jeep Cherokee Sport comes up with enough "new" problems at every scheduled maintenance that I could be putting a down payment on a new car - which I really do NOT want to do. At least with yarn, you know WHY it breaks. The moths got it, you hooked your ring in a yarn float, your pet chewed a hole in it. Even then things are not beyond hope. BTW, those new Zip Lock giant bags are GREAT for storing woollies for the winter. I blogged about them once before. As long as you put everything away in a clean condition, it gets left alone in the bags. Amazon sells them as well as your local grocery or Target or just by Googling - they come in so MANY giant sizes now. I may crawl in one myself and not come out until everything's fixed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines http://rpc.bloglines.com/blogroll?html=1&id=dimsware@gmail.com